Friday, October 30, 2009

Give Back

So, this is a non-fic related post.

If you follow me on Twitter (@mgunby) or my livejournal (mgunby), you'll know that I've been struggling financially for the last year or so, since California's community colleges are in dire straights and I'm a new teacher with little seniority.

But if you're following my fic, you can probably tell from the last chapter in particular that I'm a strong believer in giving back to the community when you can, in whatever way possible.

lolashoes, ninapolitan, and tby789 have organized The Fandom Gives Back, a 'stand' for Alex's Lemonade, which supports the fight against childhood cancers.

Please check out the site, and see if there's a way you can give back.

Also, Support Stacie is doing another fundraiser this fall. With the holidays coming up, they've organized "I'll be Homemade for Christmas". I've offered to donate a couple of things that were mentioned in Show me a Garden. If you're in the market for something handmade for Christmas to share with loved ones, please consider the Support Stacie auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment